Sharing photos and videos of parishioners and events at Mount Zion United Methodist Church – Central is a privilege for us and a means of reaching outside the walls of our church.
In this digital age, the church takes many videos and pictures of worship services including children’s moments with the pastor, baptisms, choir anthems, special presentations, Children’s Ministry trips outside the church, church sponsored family events, Sunday school, and community outreach projects.
Mount Zion uses these pictures to record, to promote as an outreach, and to celebrate our church ministries.
Pictures may be used on bulletin boards, in slide shows and PowerPoint presentations, in printed publications, and on our church website and social media.
- Printed publications include The Grapevine, our church newsletter, as well as the Sunday bulletin, brochures, invitations, books, newspapers, magazines, etc.
- Online sharing includes church newsletters (online version), our website, our Facebook page and these groups: Twitter, Instagram (#mountzionumccentral), Google+ page, and our YouTube Channel.
Media Use Policy
- Photos and videos are almost always of people in public spaces and/or at public events.
- We will not knowingly post anything that would be embarrassing, objectionable or hurtful to anyone in a photo or video.
- We do not identify children or youth by name in the photos and videos we use in our online and printed publications without written permission. Should you wish to give your permission for us to use a photo of your child, please fill out the following form: and return it to the church. Media Permission Forms are only good for one year and must be filled out again and signed each year.
- To ensure the privacy of children and adults, the use of full names or personal identifying information requires verbal approval for adults and written approval for children from the parent or legal guardian.
- If copyright for a photo or video is held by someone other than Mount Zion United Methodist Church – Central, we will receive permission to post it and gladly provide credit if desired by the photographer.
- We will gladly remove any photo or video upon request from our online sites. If you see a photo that includes you or your child and would like it removed from the site, please call 864-639-2101 or notify the church at firstname.lastname@example.org with the details.
Photo Permission Form for Children
Please click here to access the Photo Permission Form (see page 2 once it loads)
Medical and Photo Release Form 2021-22
Permissions for Others to Use of Our Media and Content
We ask for your respect in return. Unless otherwise indicated, photographs and videos are the property of and are copyrighted by Mount Zion United Methodist Church – Central and may not be used for any purpose (including but not limited to: downloading, printing, distributing, linking) without permission from Mount Zion United Methodist Church – Central.
We grant permission for limited sharing of our media and content. You may share YouTube Videos, website articles, Facebook and Instagram stories on social media. You may link to our posted content but may not download and share content on a personal web page without permission. Please add attribution to Mount Zion United Methodist Church – Central for any media you share with permission.
Please call 864-639-2101 or write to us at PO Box 186, Central, SC, 29630 if you have any questions or concerns about our Media Use Policy. You can also send an email to email@example.com.
what is social media?
Social media is the collective term that describes the sharing of various forms of content (a blog post, a Facebook/Instagram status update, a Tweet, a PDF or video, etc.) on a channel that allows multiple people to view it at the same time.
why social media
When we engage on social media, we consider it another mission field, an opportunity to share the good news of Jesus Christ.
We sometimes post gospel-centered messages or verses.
We publish parts of our Sunday worship services on our YouTube channel for our shut-ins and as an outreach to the public.
We announce church events for:
- Cantatas and other choir events
- Children’s Ministry Events
- Men’s Club Breakfasts and Fundraisers
- Quarterly Dinners
- UMW and Beverly Smith Guild Events
- Special Worship Services
- Blessing of the Backpacks and Collection of School Supplies
- Blessing of Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes
- Advent: Hanging of the Greens, Christmas Eve Candlelight Communion Worship
- Lenten Services: Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday Tenebrae, and Easter Sunday
PHOTO RELEASE FORM
(please see page 2 of the link below)